Course Scheduled Launch Date: mid-to-late January, 2020
Enroll by 12/31/2019 and save $20 using coupon code: EARLY20
Technician Product Verification for the CPhT is an ACPE-accredited CE program that provides advanced training on technician product verification for the CPhT and prepares the participant to sit for PTCB's Technician Product Verification Certificate exam. Comprised of 8 modules, this program is accredited for 20 contact hours of ACPE-accredited continuing education.
Learning Objectives: At the completion of this program, the participant should be able to:
- demonstrate proficiency with pharmacy calculations;
- outline technician product verification and the dispensing process in various practice settings;
- identify product characteristics that need to be checked for each prescription to be dispensed from the pharmacy;
- list and describe the various types of prescription and medication errors;
- identify various equipment and supplies required for drug administration;
- demonstrate expertise is the selection and placement of auxiliary labels;
- identify high-alert and narrow therapeutic index (NTI) medications;
- demonstrate the technician product verification process through case studies;
- outline Tech-Check-Tech best practices;
- describe state and legal requirements pertaining to technician product verification and tech-check-tech;
- outline quality assurance measures for use in the pharmacy;
- demonstrate the application of error prevention strategies;
- demonstrate expertise in event reporting procedures;
- evaluate the potential impact of medication errors;
Accreditation Information: The National Pharmacy Technician Association (NPTA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing education. This CPE activity has been designated as a knowledge-based program. No faculty members had any conflicts of interest to disclose.
ACPE UAN: 0384-9999-20-002-H04-T
20 contact hours/2.0 CEU
Release Date: 01-15-2020 Expiration Date: 01-15-2023
Please note: Participants who complete this program must review and consult with their individual State Board of Pharmacy and employer to verify eligibility to complete technician product verification or tech-check-tech and ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Our Guarantee (what we promise)
The CPhT Training Center promises to provide truly exceptional offerings and services, and we will not be happy until you are. If any programs, products or services of The CPhT Training Center do not fulfill our promise, we will make the situation right or refund your money.
The National Pharmacy Technician Association (NPTA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing education.