Course Scheduled Launch Date: mid-to-late January 2020
Enroll by 12/31/2019 and save $20 using coupon code: EARLY20
Medication History for the CPhT is an ACPE-accredited CE program that provides advanced training on medication history for the CPhT and prepares the participant to sit for PTCB's Medication History Certificate exam. Comprised of 8 modules, this program is accredited for 20 contact hours of ACPE-accredited continuing education.
Learning Objectives: At the completion of this program, the participant should be able to:
- define key terms related to the medication history process;
- translate medical terminology into patient-friendly terms;
- perform the medication history process, using case studies;
- outline medication reconciliation basics and best practices;
- outline medication synchronization basics and best practices;
- outline adherence metrics, including the difference between primary and secondary nonadherence;
- list common vaccinations and vaccination schedules;
- list and describe the various types of prescription and medication errors;
- evaluate the potential impact of medication errors;
- explain patient factors that influence the ability to report medication information accurately and adhere to prescribed dosing schedules;
- outline quality assurance measures for use in the pharmacy;
- outline HIPAA basics and best practices for maintaining patient confidentiality during conversations with patients;
- list techniques and devices that can be used to assist with safe, consistent home medication usage;
- outline procedures to verify patient identity, including appropriate identifiers and limitations of various identifiers;
- describe state and legal requirements pertaining to medication counseling and clinical decision-making.
Accreditation Information: The National Pharmacy Technician Association (NPTA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing education. This CPE activity has been designated as a knowledge-based program. No faculty members had any conflicts of interest to disclose.
ACPE UAN: 0384-9999-20-001-H04-T
20 contact hours/2.0 CEU
Release Date: 01-15-2020 Expiration Date: 01-15-2023
Please note: Participants who complete this program must review and consult with their individual State Board of Pharmacy and employer to verify eligibility to complete medication histories and ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Our Guarantee (what we promise)
The CPhT Training Center promises to provide truly exceptional offerings and services, and we will not be happy until you are. If any programs, products or services of The CPhT Training Center do not fulfill our promise, we will make the situation right or refund your money.
The National Pharmacy Technician Association (NPTA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing education.